Effective Date: 07/25/2018
The PEDIATRIC PALLIATIVE CARE COALTION (“PPCC”, “Our”, “We”, or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protect it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy may change from time to time. All changes are effective immediately when we post them. Your continued use of the App and/or Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our App and Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under 18 may provide any personal information to or on the App and Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
IF YOU HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THAT A CHILD UNDER 18 HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US THROUGH OUR APP AND/OR SITE, PLEASE NOTIFY US AT (FILL IN EMAIL ADDRESS) AND WE WILL ATTEMPT TO DELETE THAT INFORMATION FROM OUR DATABASES.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
When you log in to the PPCC App, you will be asked to fill in a form and provide various personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) regarding you and your child, including, but not limited to:
- your name, address and other contact information;
- your child’s name, age, gender and address;
- the name and contact information of your child’s primary caregiver, primary care doctor and any specialists;
- your insurance information;
- your child’s medical diagnosis;
- the type of and date of any surgeries your child has had;
- information regardingyour child’s diet, including the type, route and frequency;
- the name and contact information for your pharmacy;
- information on your child’s medications, including the name and type, the pharmacy where such medications are secured and the proscribing doctor;
- Notification Settings
On our Site, we may collect your name, address and other contact information in the following ways:
- Voluntarily from you when you: submit requests for information thru our Contact page; choose to become a subscriber to our newsletter; contact us to volunteer; choose to donate to the PPCC, become a member of the PPCC; and request a Care Plan Book binder.
- As described in the section immediately below, as you navigate through our Site, information is collected automatically, which may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
AGGREGATE INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
As you use our App and Site, we may use automatic data technologies to gather and log information about your navigation patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our app and Site, including the resources that you access and use;
- Your IP address, browser type, operating system and internet service provider
The technologies used for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. Cookies are small bits of data written to your hard drive when you use our
App and Site that contain information such as a user or session ID to track the pages you have visited so you do not have re-enter your ID information throughout your visit;
- Web Beacons. Pages on our App and Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit, for example, statistics on the number of users who have visited those pages and the popularity of certain content on our App and Site.
- Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine your online activity, prepare reports and use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We do NOT collect Personal Information automatically. Information and data collected automatically is collected and used in aggregate form only.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
PPCC uses your Personal Information and the Personal Information of your child so that it can provide the services described in detail on the App and Site. Based on the information you provide, which you are responsible to update, PPCC uses your Personal Information as follows:
- PPCC’s App uses your location to share important information with you about your child’s health, including recent changes in your child’s care and to help you track changes in your child’s medicine dosage;
- PPCC’s App puts all of your child’s Personal Information, including his/her medical information, in one place, so that you can connect appointments to reminders and share that information with your healthcare providers;
- PPCC’s App documents changes in your child’s medicine dosages and sets reminders on your Google App or Apple integrated calendar;
- PPCC’s App uses the Personal Information you provide to create a noninvasive, useful digital assistant;
- PPCC responds to your inquiries voluntarily made thru the Site and App for information, about becoming a member, about donating, about subscribing to our newsletter and/or about securing a Care Plan book binder.
- to contact you to secure additional information that is needed to better serve you;
- to notify you about changes to our App and Site;
- to detect or resolve problems with our App and Site, to assist with customer support, to provide security and to protect against fraud
You acknowledge and understand, that the Personal Information collected from you on the PPCC App and Site is not collected for the purpose of providing medical advice and/or treatment.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
PPCC acknowledges that even though you may initially consent to our use of your and your child’s Personal Information, you may want to withdraw your consent from time to time. You may withdraw your consent for the processing or use of you and your child’s Personal Information entirely or in part by contacting us at email@example.com
HOW AGGREGATE INFORMATION IS USED
- for system maintenance and to gain a better understanding how our App and Site are used;
- to help us maintain and improve the quality of our services;
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell the Personal Information of you and/or your child to other people or non-affiliated entities. We will not transfer, share or disclose the Personal Information that we collect about you and/or your child except where:
- It is needed to comply with a court order, law or legal process;
- It is needed to protect the rights, property or safety of PPCC, our users or others.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the security of any Personal Information we collect. We follow commercially reasonable and generally accepted industry practices to protect the Personal Information you provide through our App and Site and maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected. However, because no method transmission over the internet is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee that Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of these safeguards.
RIGHT OF ACCESS, UPDATING, CORRECTING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OUR RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to any applicable legal restrictions, you have the right to request access to the Personal Information you supply to us and you can also ask to correct, update or delete any Personal Information you provide. We may retain your Personal Information for as long as such Personal Information is needed to provide the our services or for so long as is required by applicable law.
HOW TO CONTACT US