2020 Webinar Series
A team from Pennsylvania’s Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition (PPCC), Greater Illinois Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition (GIPPCC) Jacob’s Heart Children’s Cancer Support Services, Stanford Medical School and the CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care have collaborated to offer the PPC Webinar Series to raise the visibility of pediatric palliative care and to build clinicians’ competencies and confidence in providing care to children.
December 10, 2020 – Utilizing Pediatric Concurrent Care: Strategies from the Interdisciplinary Team with David Sine/Valley Children’s Hospital, Sean Hunt/Valley Children’s Hospital, Mary Tiso/Gilchrist Hospice, Melissa Hunt/Optum. Section 2302 of the Affordable Care Act (deemed Concurrent Care for Children) allows children to receive curative-focused and life-prolonging therapies in conjunction with hospice care. But there are not clear guidelines on how hospices should implement this provision. This session will dive into some practical tips for using pediatric concurrent care by looking at case studies and sharing clinician experience from providers in the field.
- Jan 2020 – Decoding Decision-Making with Families – Janet Duncan and Courageous Parents Network – webinar recording coming soon
- Feb 2020 – Can Compassion Fatigue? – with Lori Butterworth and Kelly Johnson – webinar recording coming soon
- Mar 2020 – Spirituality in Children & Families Facing Serious Illness – Betty Farrell & Gay Walker, End-of-Life Nursing Consortium – webinar recording coming soon
- Apr 2020 – Pediatric Palliative Care COVID-19 Town Hall Meeting: Hosted by Pediatric Palliative Care 2020 Webinar Series. For those who were unable to attend this live webinar or for anyone who would like to share it with their network, click on the link above for the recording. Password for recording access: 7t@ZWJZ. Recommended Resources by Panelists
- May 2020 – Trudging through Covid-19: Coping with Provider Grief & Moral Distress: Hosted by Pediatric Palliative Care 2020 Webinar Series and moderated by Sarah Friebert. For those who were unable to attend this live webinar or for anyone who would like to share it with their network, click on the link above for the recording. Password for recording access: 7S#A4k&2
- Jun 2020 – Ethical Questions in Pediatric Palliative Care – with Sabrina Derrington, Ann & Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital – webinar recording coming soon
- Jun 2020 – PPC Virtual Town Hall: Grief and Memorialization During COVID-19 – panel discussion hosted in collaboration with the Social Work Hospice and Palliative Care Network (SWHPCN). To view this webinar recording or to share it with your network, click on the link above for the recording. Password for recording access: 3l#+vR75 Recommended Resources by Panelists
- Jul 2020 – Beyond Fairytale Endings: Using Storybooks and Other Therapeutic Tools to Explain the Death of a Child – with Lori Weiner, National Cancer Institute and Meaghann Shaw Weaver, Omaha Children’s Hospital – webinar recording coming soon
- Aug 2020 – Pediatric Concurrent Care – with Lisa Lindley, University of Tennessee – webinar recording coming soon
- Sep 2020 – Explaining Pain: Pain Education and Mind-Body Tools for Pediatric Chronic Pain – with Rachel Zoffness, PhD. webinar recording coming soon
- Sep 2020 – PPC COVID-19 Virtual Town Hall Meeting: 3-Part Series – Creating Virtual Options for Family Support in the Time of COVID: Tips and Tools for Innovative Programming – presented with Social Work Hospice and Palliative Care Network (SWHPN). Free of charge due to generous funding from the Funeral Service Foundation. In this 3-part series, practitioners will share their experience in using technology to successfully host memorialization events and virtual support groups. Resources – 3 Part Webinar Series
Session 1: Hosting Virtual Hospital/Hospice Memorialization Events
Session 2: Setting Up and Managing Virtual Support Groups
Session 3: Helping Families Explore Virtual Memorialization Options
- Oct 2020 – Through the Eyes of a Grieving Child – with Vicki Jay, CEO, National Alliance for Grieving Children. webinar recording coming soon
- Nov 2020 – Partnering with Funeral Professionals to Support Families Following the Death of a Child – with Kristin James, Executive Director, GIPPCC, and Buffy Peters, Director, Hamilton’s Academy of Grief. webinar recording coming soon
- Jan 19 The Use of Telemedicine in Pediatric Palliative Care
- Feb 16 Together in the Sandbox: Palliative Care and Complex Care Partnerships in the Medical Neighborhood
- Mar 16 Using POLST/MOLST to Engage in Meaningful Conversations in Pediatric Palliative Care
- Apr 20 Pain/Symptom Management
- May 20 Transition Planning for the Fully Dependent Child
- Jun 22 I am a Sibling Too: Including and Supporting Siblings in Non-traditional, Multicultural Families
- Jul 20 Pediatric Concurrent Care: Research Updates
- Aug 17 LGBTQ issues in Pediatric Palliative Care
- Sep 23 Beyond Words: Using Expressive and Integrative Therapies as Communication Tools
- Oct 19 Bereaved Parents View on End-of-Life Care
- Nov 18 Alternative Payment Strategies to Enhance Access to Pediatric Palliative Care
- Jan 2019 Managing Pediatric Seizures at the End of Life – with Dr. Melissa Hunt
- Feb 2019 Don’t You Forget About Me: Caring for Siblings – with Yelena Zatulovsky, Dana Richmond,
- Mar 2019 Building Resilience in Children and Caregivers Facing Serious Pediatric Illness- with Dr. Abby R. Rosenberg
- Apr 2019 Creative Conversations: Advanced Care Planning in Pediatrics – with Deborah A. Lafond, Kathy Perko
- May 2019 Providing Spiritual Care with Pediatrics – with Rev. Travis C. Overbeck
- Jun 2019 Ensuring Psychosocial Wellness in School and the Community for the Seriously Ill Child with Dr. Kathy Davis
- Jul 2019 Care of Adolescents and Young Adults with Life-Threatening Illness – with Dr. Jennifer Mack
- Sep 2019 Pain Management for Children with Serious Illness in the Context of the Opioid Epidemic – with Dr. Stefan J. Friedrichsdorf
- Oct 2019 An Expense Worth Expressing: The Role of Expressive Arts in Pediatric Palliative Care – with Dr. Debra Lotstein
- Nov 2019 Compatible with Life: Rethinking Care of Children with Trisomy 18 – with Nicole C. Hahnlen
- Jan 2018 Addressing the Spiritual Needs of Children with Dr. Elisha Waldman
- Feb 2018 Decision Making in Pediatric Palliative Care with Dr. Scott Maurer
- Mar 2018 Kids Need Care, Too! Developing Collaborations, Competencies and Confidence with Jody Chrastek, Diane Knust
- Apr 2018 Perinatal Palliative Care with Dr. David Munson
- May 2018 Concurrent Care: Pediatrics and Complex Care Plans with Shayna Stiles.
- Jun 2018 Approach to Neurologic Symptom Management in Children at the End of Life with Dr. Audrey Foster-Barber
- Sep 2018 Transitioning Adolescents into Adult Care with Parag Shah, MD and Rebecca Boudos
- Nov 2018 Getting a Better Handle on Parents’ Bereavement with Blyth Lord, EdM & Nancy Frumer Styron, JD, psyD.
- Dec 2018 Deep in the Weeds: Medical Marijuana and Pediatric Palliative Care with Dr. Elissa MilleMay
Since 2018, the Pediatric Palliative Care Webinar Series has been providing high quality educational programming for the entire interdisciplinary team. These past webinars are now available for viewing. We encourage you to use these recorded webinars for individual or group staff training, IDT meetings or any time you need to bring an expert into your organization’s training room.
Currently, we are pleased to offer our library of webinar recordings to you free of charge. Click here to view available archived webinars.
To access archived webinars:
Contact Betsy Hawley: email@example.com to receive access to the webinar link.
Indicate your webinar(s) of interest by referencing the title(s) that you would like to access.