2021 Webinar Series
PPCC, GIPPCC, CHPCC, Jacob’s Heart Children’s Cancer Support Services, and the CSU Shiley Institute for Palliative Care have collaborated to offer the PPC Webinar Series to raise the visibility of pediatric palliative care and to build clinicians’ competencies and confidence.
Click HERE for a listing of the entire series.
Discounts are available for groups and multiple registrations.
CE are available for nurses and social workers.
2021 Webinar Series Information and Registration 12:00 PST | 1:00 MST | 2:00 CST | 3:00 EST
Jan 19: The Use of Telemedicine in Pediatric Palliative Care
Feb 16: Together in the Sandbox: Palliative Care and Complex Care Partnerships in the Medical Neighborhood
Mar 16: Using POLST/MOLST to Engage in Meaningful Conversations in Pediatric Palliative Care
Apr 20: Big Pharma – Little People
May 20: Transition Planning for the Fully Dependent Child
Jun 22: Including and Supporting Siblings in Non-traditional, Multicultural Families
Jul 20: Pediatric Concurrent Care: Research Updates
Aug 17: Increasing Sensitivity in Clinical Practice with the Transgender Population
Sep 23: Beyond Words: Using Expressive and Integrative Therapies as Communication Tools
Oct 19: Bereaved Parents View on End-of-Life Care
Nov 16: Alternative Payment Strategies to Enhance Access to Pediatric Palliative Care
June 22, 2021 – Supporting Siblings in Non-Traditional, Multicultural Families During the End of Life
with Brittany Maldonado-Gosline, Jacob’s Heart Children’s Cancer Support Services
This webinar presents a unique case study through which participants will discover ways families identify their own family constellation and the identity of each unique sibling. Participants will learn practical and compassionate ways to address the unique experience of those grieving alongside their brothers and sisters. Participants will also learn how to include siblings from diverse backgrounds and how to support them within an interdisciplinary team. Participants will evaluate different methods to support and serve siblings from diverse backgrounds. 12:00 PST | 1:00 MST | 2:00 CST | 3:00 EST
Webinar Recordings Available Soon.
- Jan 2020– Decoding Decision-Making with Families – with Janet Duncan
- Feb 2020 – Can Compassion Fatigue? – with Lori Butterworth and Kelly Johnson
- Mar 2020 – Spirituality in Children & Families Facing Serious Illness – with Betty Farrell and Gay Walker
- Apr 2020 – Pediatric Palliative Care COVID-19 Town Hall Meeting: Hosted by Pediatric Palliative Care 2020 Webinar Series. Password for recording access: 7t@ZWJZ. Recommended Resources by Panelists
- May 2020 – Trudging through Covid-19: Coping with Provider Grief & Moral Distress: Hosted by Pediatric Palliative Care 2020 Webinar Series and moderated by Sarah Friebert. Password for recording access: 7S#A4k&2
- Jun 2020– Ethical Questions in Pediatric Palliative Care – with Sabrina Derrington
- Jun 2020 – PPC Virtual Town Hall: Grief and Memorialization During COVID-19 – panel discussion hosted in collaboration with the Social Work Hospice and Palliative Care Network (SWHPCN). Password for recording access: 3l#+vR75 Recommended Resources by Panelists
- Jul 2020– Beyond Fairytale Endings: Using Storybooks and Other Therapeutic Tools to Explain the Death of a Child – Lori Weiner and Meaghann Shaw Weaver
- Aug 2020 – Pediatric Concurrent Care – with Lisa Lindley
- Sep 2020– Explaining Pain: Pain Education and Mind-Body Tools for Pediatric Chronic Pain – with Rachel Zoffness
- Sep 2020 – PPC COVID-19 Virtual Town Hall Meeting: 3-Part Series – Creating Virtual Options for Family Support in the Time of COVID: Tips and Tools for Innovative Programming – presented with Social Work Hospice and Palliative Care Network (SWHPN). Free of charge due to generous funding from the Funeral Service Foundation. Resources – 3 Part Webinar Series
Session 1: Hosting Virtual Hospital/Hospice Memorialization Events
Session 2: Setting Up and Managing Virtual Support Groups
Session 3: Helping Families Explore Virtual Memorialization Options
- Oct 2020– Through the Eyes of a Grieving Child – Vicki Jay
- Nov 2020 – Partnering with Funeral Professionals to Support Families Following the Death of a Child – with Kristin James and Buffy Peters
- Jan 2019 Managing Pediatric Seizures at the End of Life – with Dr. Melissa Hunt
- Feb 2019 Don’t You Forget About Me: Caring for Siblings – with Yelena Zatulovsky, Dana Richmond,
- Mar 2019 Building Resilience in Children and Caregivers Facing Serious Pediatric Illness- with Dr. Abby R. Rosenberg
- Apr 2019 Creative Conversations: Advanced Care Planning in Pediatrics – with Deborah A. Lafond, Kathy Perko
- May 2019 Providing Spiritual Care with Pediatrics – with Rev. Travis C. Overbeck
- Jun 2019 Ensuring Psychosocial Wellness in School and the Community for the Seriously Ill Child with Dr. Kathy Davis
- Jul 2019 Care of Adolescents and Young Adults with Life-Threatening Illness – with Dr. Jennifer Mack
- Sep 2019 Pain Management for Children with Serious Illness in the Context of the Opioid Epidemic – with Dr. Stefan J. Friedrichsdorf
- Oct 2019 An Expense Worth Expressing: The Role of Expressive Arts in Pediatric Palliative Care – with Dr. Debra Lotstein
- Nov 2019 Compatible with Life: Rethinking Care of Children with Trisomy 18 – with Nicole C. Hahnlen
- Jan 2018 Addressing the Spiritual Needs of Children with Dr. Elisha Waldman
- Feb 2018 Decision Making in Pediatric Palliative Care with Dr. Scott Maurer
- Mar 2018 Kids Need Care, Too! Developing Collaborations, Competencies and Confidence with Jody Chrastek, Diane Knust
- Apr 2018 Perinatal Palliative Care with Dr. David Munson
- May 2018 Concurrent Care: Pediatrics and Complex Care Plans with Shayna Stiles.
- Jun 2018 Approach to Neurologic Symptom Management in Children at the End of Life with Dr. Audrey Foster-Barber
- Sep 2018 Transitioning Adolescents into Adult Care with Parag Shah, MD and Rebecca Boudos
- Nov 2018 Getting a Better Handle on Parents’ Bereavement with Blyth Lord, EdM & Nancy Frumer Styron, JD, psyD.
- Dec 2018 Deep in the Weeds: Medical Marijuana and Pediatric Palliative Care with Dr. Elissa MilleMay
Since 2018, the Pediatric Palliative Care Webinar Series has been providing high quality educational programming for the entire interdisciplinary team. These past webinars are now available for viewing. We encourage you to use these recorded webinars for individual or group staff training, IDT meetings or any time you need to bring an expert into your organization’s training room.
Currently, we are pleased to offer our library of webinar recordings to you free of charge. Click here to view available archived webinars.
To access archived webinars:
Contact Betsy Hawley: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access to the webinar link.
Indicate your webinar(s) of interest by referencing the title(s) that you would like to access.