2019 Webinar Series
The 2019 Pediatric Webinar Series is presented by the Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition (PPCC) in collaboration with the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California and the Greater Illinois Pediatric Palliative Care Coalition (GIPPCC). 2019 Webinar Series Flyer
July 18, 2019
Care of Adolescents and Young Adults with Life-Threatening Illness – with Jennifer Mack, MD, MPH, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
September 19, 2019
Pain Management for Children with Serious Illness in the Context of the Opioid Epidemic – with Dr. Stefan J. Friedrichsdorf, FAAP Medical Director, Department of Pain Medicine, Palliative Care and Integrative Medicine, Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, President-Elect of the Special Interest Group on Pain in Childhood of the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
October 17, 2019
An Expense Worth Expressing: The Role of Expressive Arts in Pediatric Palliative Care – with Dr. Debra Lotstein, Director, Comfort and Palliative Care Division, Department of Anesthesiology Critical Care Medicine, Attending Physician, Associate Professor of Anesthesia and Pediatrics, Keck School of Medicine of USC
November 21, 2019
Compatible with Life: Rethinking Care of Children with Trisomy 18 – with Nicole C. Hahnlen, Hummingbird Program, Penn State Children’s Hospital and Deana Deeter, Hummingbird Program Manager, Penn State Children’s Hospital
January 22, 2019 (webinar recording coming soon)
Managing Pediatric Seizures at the End of Life – with Dr. Melissa Hunt, Pediatric Clinical Pharmacist, Optum Hospice Pharmacy Services
February 21, 2019 (webinar recording coming soon)
Don’t You Forget About Me: Caring for Siblings – with Yelena Zatulovsky, VP, Patient Experience, Seasons Healthcare Management, Inc. and Dana Richmond, Bereaved Sibling, Occupational Therapist, Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, Founder of Elle Foundation Services
March 19, 2019 (webinar recording coming soon)
Building Resilience in Children and Caregivers Facing Serious Pediatric Illness- with Dr. Abby R. Rosenberg, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Washington
April 16, 2019 (webinar recording coming soon) Creative Conversations: Advanced Care Planning in Pediatrics – with Deborah A. Lafond, Nurse Practitioner, PANDA Palliative Care Team, Division of Hospitalist Medicine, Children’s National Health System, Washington, DC and Kathy Perko, Program Director, Bridges Pediatric Palliative Care, OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Portland, Oregon
May 23, 2019 (webinar recording coming soon) Providing Spiritual Care with Pediatrics – with Rev. Travis C. Overbeck, Chaplain, Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
June 20, 2019 (webinar recording coming soon) Ensuring Psychosocial Wellness in School and the Community for the Seriously Ill Child. Presented by Dr. Kathy Davis, Professor of Pediatrics Director, Pediatric Palliative Care, Education and Ethics, University of Kansas Medical Center
To purchase a 2018 webinar presentation, click on the program title below.
- Jan 2018 – Addressing the Spiritual Needs of Children with Elisha Waldman, MD.
- Feb 2018 – Decision Making in Pediatric Palliative Care with Dr. Scott Maurer, MD.
- Mar 2018 – Kids Need Care, Too! Developing Collaborations, Competencies and Confidence with Jody Chrastek, RN and Diane Knust, LCSW.
- Apr 2018 – Perinatal Palliative Care with Dr. David Munson, MD.
- May 2018 – Concurrent Care: Pediatrics and Complex Care Plans with Shayna Stiles.
- Jun 2018 – Approach to Neurologic Symptom Management in Children at the End of Life with Dr. Audrey Foster-Barber, MD, PhD
- Sep 2018 – Transitioning Adolescents into Adult Care with Parag Shah, MD and Rebecca Boudos, Lurie Children’s Hospital.
- Nov 2018 – Getting a Better Handle on Parents’ Bereavement with Blyth Lord, EdM & Nancy Frumer Styron, JD, psyD.
- Dec 2018 – Deep in the Weeds: Medical Marijuana and Pediatric Palliative Care with Elissa Miller, MD, DuPont Hospital for Children